Eastern Iowa Area Attractions
Independence, Quasqueton, Winthrop and other surrounding communities in Eastern Iowa offer many unique attractions. Make a day trip or even a weekend long outing and enjoy the scenic rural setting of these small towns.
Independence, Quasqueton and Winthrop Attractions
- City of Independence - History, attractions, services, organizations, schools and events.
- Buchanan County Economic Development Commission - Discover the many reasons why Buchanan County is the ideal place to visit.
- Independence Chamber of Commerce Business Directory - Find other shops and businesses to visit in Independence, Iowa.
- Heartland Acres Agribition Center is an exhibition of agriculture's past, present, and future in the National Hertiage Area of Northeast Iowa.
- Cedar Rock: The Walter Residence - Designed by the famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, the Lowell and Agnes Walter residence lies on a limestone bluff overlooking the Wapsipinicon River near Quasqueton in Buchanan County.
- Celebrate Indee - Find out all the hype on this years Independence Day Celebration and Brew-B-Q!
- Independence Motor Speedway boasts a tradition of speed, sportsmanship and of course some of the best dirt track drivers to get behind the wheel. Races every Saturday night!
- Rose Creek Gifts and More - A small unique country shop located in a historic area of Independence.
- S & K Collectibles - Collectibles and gift shop located in an historic storefront in the heart of downtown Indepedence, Iowa. Iowa's largest Fenton Art Glass showcase dealer.
- Quasqueton Area Historical Society - Local history museum and preservation society serving the Buchanan County, Iowa townships of Liberty, Newton, Cono, and Middlefield since 1988.
- Bill's Pizza & Smokehouse - In the heart of Independence.
- Okoboji Grill Restaurant - A favorite!
- Wolfey's Wapsi Outback
Other Eastern Iowa Community Attractions
- Iowa Tourism Office - Planning a trip to Iowa? This is a great place to start.
- Country Alamode - Located in a 147 year old former First Baptist Church in the small northeast Iowa town of Aurora. A platinum dealer for Boyds Bears, Hares and Friends.